Monday, September 8, 2014

mirror ball 79: we are...

I am:

John S:
I am 52 years old.
I am grateful for my life and all the beautiful things it holds.
I am a husband (not a "husband" -- an honest-to-God, state and federally sanctioned husband)!
I am creative. Seriously, I could retire today and be blissfully occupied making stuff for the rest of my life.
I am dedicated to my yoga and exercise practice. After one day away to rest up and let my body reintegrate, I'm ready to start again for another six days, exploring the edges of my strength and flexibility, while focusing intently on my breath and mental state, balancing physical challenge with mental serenity, gauging when to try a little harder and when to take it easy.
I am getting used to the fact that more people are younger than me than are older than me (or at least it feels that way).
I am often stumped by the way gender is so rigidly defined/defended/scrutinized in the world. Seriously people, relax.
I am a big fan of disco and house music. Gimme a beat.
I am a tall drink of water.

Phoebe:

I am unstoppable!

Steve:

I am stronger at 50 than I have ever been in my life
I am frustratingly reluctant to make things that will take up space (like art)
I am a survivor
I am married at last to the man I have loved for 27 years
I am, for lack of a better term, gender-fluid
I am happy when my cat takes a nap with me

Heather:
I am loved and loving.

Tanya:

I Am a Divine, feminine, Artistic soul on my journey to magnificence, here long enough to know who I am and wise enough to let go and choose joy first.

Sometimes I Am fear, perfection, feeling small, then I remember I Am love, light, infinite peace, and inspired creativity.

I Am woman, mother to spectacular daughters, sister, wife, friend, daughter to the parents who transitioned too soon, lover, caregiver, nurturer, juggler, creative spirit…and I Am pleaser, joy bringer, good listener and wise one.

I Am Yoga pants, beady bracelets, sundresses with flip flops and long lazy lunches with my best girlfriends and no agenda.

I Am drinking juice from the bottle in the fridge, dancing naked and free through the house, lengthy daydreaming escapades,    “it’s not ladylike to curse” Oh screw it,  I choose to be limitless.

I Am angels and seashells, piles of pretty paper, moonstones and Buddha’s, costume jewelry galore...well read books that became dear friends, purple things and beautiful things, sparkly crystals and art supplies and red wine in a tub full of bubbles...music playing soft and sweet in the next room.

I Am a passionate artist, a surrendered spiritual being, a lover of family and friends and life seeking joy around every corner and looking for beauty wherever I go. 

Eve:
"I am..."
... feeling vaguely guilty for not doing the fb gratitude challenge that a friend tagged me for. I think of such things as coercive chain letters. That said,
I am... overflowing with gratitude
I am... grateful for- dahlias, garlic, a partner that keeps me laughing, the feel of a sun-warmed cat tummy, healthy smart creative children, the bamboo shadows dancing on my living room wall in the late afternoon, the sea, moss, a good vocabulary, parents that gave me fine advice before they died, sparkly things (diamonds, glitter, fireworks, all good), the human instinct towards creativity, waterfalls 20 minutes from home, thoughtful & funny friends, wild mushrooms, life, trees, love.  (Not necessarily in that order.)
I am... done now, even though there are multitudes more for which I am grateful


No comments:

Post a Comment