Tuesday, August 20, 2013

mirror ball 66: topics from the mirror ball community

Pick from among the evocative and inspiring themes suggested by fellow mirror-ball participants last month, and write a response to one (or more). (See July 2013 in the archives to the right.)

Anna:
I chose: favourite recipes, or meals that you created.

Picture this... my gorgeous boyfriend and I had made the decision to leave our home town of London and embark on a trip of our lifetime: an open-ended campervan trip through Europe all the way to Turkey and back! 

The lead up to the trip was mixed; exciting for the adventure ahead of us, sad for the friends we were leaving, and tension ran high as I quit my job and we packed our entire lives into a single van. 

Day 1 took us to Dover on the English coast and onto a ferry headed for Calais, Western France. As the ferry pushed through the waters we both felt our London stresses melt away from our souls, and we both felt that gorgeous, honey-like feeling in our hearts of having made the right decision. 

Day 2 took us down the coast to an unheard of sleepy little fishing town called Audreselle. We settled in for the evening, and I started making preparations for dinner. Given that this was our first proper meal in Europe the meal was obvious in my mind: champagne which we had bought in champagne on a previous trip to France, French soft cheese and yummy crackers was all that we required. Taking this food and my loved-one down onto the headland looking over the water, we spent hours watching the sun set, the gulls fly and the waves roll softly in all while talking about our future together - what would our children look like? Where would we eventually live? What will we look like when we are 80 years old? Then, fuelled by the champagne, the love and a cheeky prod letting my loved-one know my hopes, I turned to him and said 'marry me!' , to which he said 'OK' with a huge grin on his face. 

Thinking I was being cheeky, I didn't take this interaction seriously at first. It was only when tradition kicked in and he got down on one knee that I realised I had just created the idyllic proposal and asked my love to marry me! 

The perfect meal and the perfect moment, all created without knowing how perfect it would be. :)

John:
I laugh the hardest when my husband nibbles my ear, sideburns, and hair like a happy, relentless little goat. Sometimes I provoke him into doing this, usually when we are in bed getting ready to go to sleep. Some of the happiest minutes of my life.
Speaking of little goats, three images on my personal tarot deck would be a little goat, a little monkey, and a little bunny.

Dan:
When I need to laugh I watch: 
http://youtu.be/qfSoHa9-5p4

Steve:
When I really need a laugh, I watch Romy and Michelle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DVPddRbP2I

Tanya:

When I really need a laugh, I.....watch I Love Lucy.  Hands down the best feel good comedy show ever on television; the cast is brilliant, the writing and comedic timing cannot be beat!  I laugh out loud every time even though I know the plotline and script almost verbatim!

Phoebe:

-When I really need a laugh, I turn to a favorite past-time of my sister and I: play "Stayin' Alive" from the Saturday Night Fever sound track. In a matter of moments I am dancing and laughing hysterically.

No comments:

Post a Comment