John S: ...danced, all by yourself, to music that makes you laugh with joy.
Tanya: What makes life worth living is Love!
Pure and simple. Give love, receive love, feel love... life is short and nothing else really matters without love.
A few weeks ago I might have answered this differently, but my holiday has brought me unexpected surprises as my radiant, healthy, joy-filled, beautiful mom was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. My world is spinning and I am working on staying grounded and finding the beauty in life. We never know what life is trying to give us, and I know that there is a gift for healing and growth in every situation, so I look for it here. In the midst of all this, I am feeling the blessings of love from my amazing friends and family. I am reminded daily how loved and supported I really am, and how much all these wonderful souls mean in my life. I am filled up with their love. I am not taking anyone or anything for granted, and I am giving back as much as I can. All of life is impermanent, and it is in the understanding of this that I will find my healing. But mostly... what is life without love?
So again I say freely give love, receive love, proclaim love, seek love, be a place of love and don't waste a minute on all the other "stuff" that does not really matter. What makes life a blessing is our ability to love!
Valerie S:
...you've risen early on a weekend morning, donning long johns, wool socks, many layers, and rubber boots.
You haven't lived until you've made the sandwiches and filled the Thermos with coffee, then hoisted the Folbot onto the car, straining on tiptoe to settle the gunwales into the cradles.
You haven't lived until you've hauled the boat down the beach, shoulders cracking with the weight, steadied it, and launched into the calm morning water.
You haven't lived until you've matched cadence, moving across the water with your partner, stroke, stroke, pick up speed, plant the paddle for a gurgling, satisfyingly brisk turn, heard a strange blowing whuffing sound and looked over your shoulder to see the whiskered face of a sea lion who has surfaced beside the boat to see what in the world you're up to...
John M: ...had my boyfriend Xris' cocoa-coma peanut butter brownies.Shannon:
. . . . gone for a walk in the rain in Kyoto
. . . . seen your mother cry
. . . . helped a child learn to ride a bicycle
. . . . been scolded by an angry old woman
. . . . had the flu
Steve: ...heard Aretha Franklin's version of "What I Did For Love."

No comments:
Post a Comment